  From: Yuki Taga [mailto:yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 6:53 AM
  To: Herman van den Bergen
  Subject: [amibroker] OT Shooting the moon (Was: Tillson T3)

  Hi Herman,

  HvdB> OT. This may have been before your time Yuki

  I am pretty sure I pre-date Steve on this list, but maybe not.

  HvdB>  but when Steve joined this list long ago some traditional
  HvdB> traders were also skeptical about Steve's mechanical trading
  HvdB> claims. Steve was actually coerced into producing testimonials
  HvdB> to support his claims (he did). imho, In trading one has to
  HvdB> think "big" because in the end practical profits will just be a
  HvdB> fraction of the backtests.

  Don't confuse Steve with anyone claiming 100 percent a month, or even
  20 percent a month.  ^_^

  HvdB> For some odd reason many new ideas are usually shot down by
  HvdB> traders with 20+ years of experience.

  I have that, and more.  It's not the new ideas that get shot down,
  just the patently absurd claims.  I happen to think Steve's
  mechanical systems make money; I just couldn't stand the DDs.

  HvdB>  Mechanical-trading, automated-trading, trading the market, are
  HvdB> just a few topics of recent years that were hard to swallow by
  HvdB> some. Remember the day people were laughing about going to the
  HvdB> moon? Probably before your time too :-)))

  Gee, I'd already lost my virginity by then.  ^_^  What does *that*
  tell ya?  (No, it wasn't Steve.)  ^_-

  HvdB> Take care Yuki, I love your posts so keep them coming!
  HvdB> herman

  Yuki

  Check group FAQ at: