From: das300@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:das300@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2004 1:59 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] help in obtaining DATA from trading platform

HI ,
I am new to AMIbroker coming from metastock . I live inSydney
Australia.

why AMibroker-
I decided to use it because AB seemed more flexible in programming.
The theory being that my algorithms ,if triggered in AB ,could alert
me via email and/or  AUDIO in the office instead of looking at screen
24 - 7.Of course I need live data right !

What I trade -
I trade protrader(cba) and CMC in australia. As long as I trade with
these platforms data is free but CMC  being a charge for difference
account ($10 per trade )means that its cheap but prices are slightly
different to the exchange.
Pro trader however is accurate as its buying and selling exchange
traded shares.

What I want-
I wanted to use the live feed DATA  from these trading platforms
(free) to get amibroker to monitor during the day. I dont think these
platforms support DDE though.

QUESTION -
Does anyone know how to do this ? Is it even possible ?
The alternative would mean buying live data which seems silly seeing
I have it already.

Email me if u have an answer thanks..
Kind regards
maurice