From: Ken Close [mailto:closeks@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2004 12:49 PM
To: AmiBroker List
Subject: [amibroker] Long and Inverse Fund

Can someone help with the basic coding to buy a long fund on a market
buy signal, and sell it and buy an inverse fund on a market sell signal.

I put two funds in a watchlist, LongFund and InverseFund.

I have a Market Timing Signal: either MarketBuy or MarketSell.

How do I write the Buy and Sell signals and any PositionScore statements
(if any) to make the system  BUY the LongFund and SELL the InverseFund
on MarketBuy signal, and the reverse, SELL the LongFund and BUY the
InverseFund on MarketSell signal?

I have tried various combinations of PositionScore and IIf statements to
no avail.  The trade report buys the LongFund on every MarketBuy signal
and sells it on every MarketSell signal but never "buys" the
InverseFund.

Totally frustrated.

Any help?

Thanks,