[amibroker] Re: calling all AFL masters

I do not know MS syntax.
In AFL there is a difference between "==" [equal to] and "="
[assignment operator]
See "Operator precedence and the parentheses" in the Users Guide.
For Plot statement see AFL Function Reference ->Plot
Dimitris
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, nikku <nikku@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Dimitris
>
> Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it.
>
> Just to clarify, is this correct version of the code you are
suggesting?
> I ask because my formula, the one I gave in my email, was giving
the
> same results as I got in Metastock, so I thought I was ok - perhaps
this
> is just an issue of definition of goals.
>
> I pasted the following formula into Amibroker, but it didn't work -
I am
> [...]
AND
> > Ref(AroonDn,-1)>68 AND C>MA(C,50) AND AroonUp=100;
> > Plot(aroonup," ",1,8);
> > to see.
> > You need an
> > ...AND AroonUp==100;
> > in order to ask "AroonUp is equal to 100".
> > Dimitris
> > PS: Of course, if you really want AroonUp==100, then you dont need
> > the AroonUp>AroonDn...
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, nikku <nikku@xxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > Well, here we go - I am going to take Yuki and Tomasz and a few
> > others
> > > up on their offer to post here with my questions, newbie though
> > they may
> > > be. I will continue to ask until someone tells me that I need to
> > stop
> > > because I'm driving them crazy :)
> > >
> > > I know most of my questions will be ridiculously if not
> > irritatingly
> > > simple for most of you.
> > >
> > > Below is an AA attempt using Aroon. The idea is to buy when the
> > > *condition* parameters are true. I am trying to limit position
> > size, but
> > > it isn't working. Is there something wrong with the position
size
> > filter
> > > I am attempting?  When I ask for this Analysis on a basket of
> > stocks, I
> > > get filled for the entire capital amount on the first signal,
> > instead of
> > > getting a smaller fill based on this stop, leaving capital free
> > take
> > > subsequent entry signals. Also, I occasionally get filled for
i.e.
> > 3
> > > shares of a $12 stock when the entire capital amount seems to be
> > available.
> > >
> > > Any help is appreciated. I have learned that you have to be a
lot
> > more
> > > meticulous using AFL than Metastock Formula Language - perhaps I
> > have
> > > made some silly error.
> > >
> > > Please pay special attention to this line of the following
code;
> > note
> > > the negative sign in front of the two.
> > >
> > > *TrailStopAmount = -2 * ATR( 20 );

> > _____________________________
> > > *
> > >
> > > ALen = 14;
> > > AroonUp = 100 * (ALen - (HHVBars(H, ALen + 1))) / Alen;
> > > AroonDn = 100 * (ALen - (LLVBars(L, ALen + 1))) / ALen;
> > > Condition=(AroonUp>AroonDn) AND
> > > Ref(AroonUp,-1)<Ref(AroonDn,-1) AND
> > > Ref(AroonDn,-1)>68 AND
> > > AroonUp=100;
> > >
> > > Buy= Condition;
> > > Sell=0;//
> > >
> > > TrailStopAmount = -2 * ATR( 20 );
> > > Capital = 100000;
> > >
> > > Risk = 0.01*Capital;
> > > PositionSize = (Risk/TrailStopAmount)*BuyPrice;

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129o65m4u/M=295196.4901138.6071305.300117
6/D=groups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1096529335/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/
*http://companion.yahoo.com>

subject=Unsubscribe>

> >     * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> >       Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
> >

> --
> The majority meet with failure because of their lack of persistence
in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail.