From: danielwardadams [mailto:danielwardadams@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 7:35 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Alternate editor that color-codes the parentheses

Paul,
You can achieve the result you with UltraEdit (also called UED). It's
available from http://www.ultraedit.com/
You can pair parentheses by setting your cursor on one and it will
highlight the matching one.
There used to be an .AFL-specific syntax colorizing file for UED in
the files section but I just checked and didn't see it. If you can't
find it, I can send it to you.
I probably use the editor built into AB 70-80% of the time but when
I'm stuck on a problem it's often easier to find it with the extra
capabilities in UED.

Dan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "rekorbima" <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:
> Folks:
>
> I seem to remember seeing coding editors that colored parentheses
> pairs so as to instantly reveal the level of nesting.  E.g., the
> inner pair of parens would be red, the next pair surrounding them
> would be blue, the next level surrounding them would be green.
>
> I would very much like to use such an editor with AB.  Can someone
> recommend one?  I strongly suspect such a thing must still exist.
>
> I also welcome any other suggestions as to how to better visually
> reveal the various levels of parenthesis nesting.  Here's an
example
> of some code I wrote some time ago and can now barely read because
> of all of the parentheses:
>
> return MA((abs(ROC(Close, ShortPer)))^S, (LongPer - ShortPer + 1))^
> (1/S) / MA((abs(ROC(Close, 1 )))^S, LongPer)^(1/S);
>
> Also, is there some way to get AB's configuration to understand
that
> I'm using a stand-alone editor for AFL files, or should I just give
> AB's editor an include statement explicitly in it's currently open
> AFL file?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
>    -Paul

Check group FAQ at: