[amibroker] Re: Time Projection

Ara,
as we see in 4.60 Users Guide, in
Preferences window
Charting tab
"Blank bars in right margin - defines how many blank bars are added
in the right margin (past the last available quote). This blank
margin allows you to project studies (trend lines for example) into
the future"
We may project studies but custom indicators will not be projected,
except if we import theoretical future data.
For a simple verification, draw a study, name it AA, select right
extension, select 5 blank bars in Preferences and then add an

AA=Study("AA",GetChartID());Plot(AA,"AA",colorBlack,8);
statement.
The manually drawn AA will go up to the new right end, the code drawn
AA will go up to the last available quote.
I hope it is clear.
Dimitris

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxxx> wrote:
> I am working with some forcasting methods, primarily with Pitchfork
for now ...

> The results look interesting to promising .... but Amibroker
creates limitations in projecting because it does not allow open
space beyond last data point to plot anything.

> Does anyone see a benefit to having the ability to plot beyond the
last data point? .. I hope we have a strong response in order to
justify a request to Tomasz.