Re: [amibroker] Semi-Newbies remarks and questions!

Hello,

To everyone: PLEASE SEND SUCH PRE-SALES QUESTIONS
to SUPPORT[at]amibroker.com

This list is full of unrelated (non-sales) discussion and it is hard
for us to watch it all the time for possible pre-sales questions or
some support stuff.

> coming from the sw-business i m knowing what a beta version is and
> the sense of it, i did not install that (yet). after this time my
> business-partner and i are convinced it is the right software for
> our purposes and we will order it. is there a 2-licences contract
> available?
There is no special 2-license pricing. You would just need to purchase
2 single-user licenses.

> and, it has been discussed already but i did not an
> official statement from AB, how many upgrades are included?
5 major upgrades are free.
If you purchase now (4.60) you will receive 4.70, 4.80, 4.90, 5.00 and 5.10
for free.

> my only fear is, that at a certain time the owners will sell the
> rights to an american company, that will change the marketing
> policy, combine it with their data-support, ask for a monthly fee
> and so on and make us dependent on them as this happened in some
> other cases in the world of trading-station business.

We have not received such offers and we are not looking for them.

> when i apply an indicator or a new pane to the price-chart of a
> signal, or i do an overlay of the volume, or i insert a new pane
> with a new indicator, it is always done to all charts, panes of all
> other signals. this makes not much sense for me. we are trading
> currencies, indices and sometimes stocks. a correlation-chart
> between two indices makes no sense at all in eg. MSFT or any
> currency. we dont find the volume-overlay interesting in dollar/euro
> trading (which of course we could not test with the demo-version
> anyway, but probably there will be the same effect when this charts
> are available with the pro-version).
> so how can i prevent the system to include all changes done to one
> chart or pane to all of them?

Open new window via Window->NEW
from then both windows will have independent settings.
Alternativelly use LAYOUTS
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_sheets.html
video tutorial here:
http://www.amibroker.net/video/layouts.html

> the other question, we have historical rt data from esignal in ascii
> format, is there a problem to implement them into ab and go on the
> next morning with rt esignal rt datafeed? is there something i got
> to know before i do it?

There is a native eSignal plugin so I don't know why you
want to import the data manually:
http://www.amibroker.net/video/esignal.html

But if you really need to import ASCII data manually you can:
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/w_impwizard.html

> by the way in the AFL-Library i found some nice code as well, but
> this statements:
>
> stochKworkaround = STOCH(14);
> stochDworkaround = EMA( STOCH(14), 5);
>
> in "Against-All_odds" ends up in  a syntax error.
> i would not mention it, but as i write a message to the forum
> anyway... so it is not a critic!

STOCH is obsolete. Use StochK instead.
http://www.amibroker.com/f?stochk

As for the code with "StochKworkaround" this is some
very very ancient formula that would need to be replaced.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com