[amibroker] Re: Problem with MarketCast data feed into Amibroker

Tomasz
Regarding my problem with Amibroker consuming 100% CPU for certain
stocks, I can add the following information:
1. I enabled "Display Plugin Activity" in Preferences and set the
Realtime chart refresh interval to the maximum of "30" seconds.
2. Database setting is set for loading 5000 bars and local storage is
disabled (for now).
3. For tickers that appear to work OK, the status bar
reports "Processing data through plugin" result "8460 data bars
retrieved during 2.351 sec". The number of bars and time taken varies
for each ticker and at each realtime refresh interval. I am not sure
why the quantity of data bars varies from that configured in the
database.
4. For a ticker where there seems to be a data retrieval problem
(i.e. suspect ticker)the chart retrieval takes about 20 seconds, and
the status bar reports 18-21 seconds. But Amibroker appears to
initial a second retrieval immediately after the first.
5. After the initial "double" retrieval as described in item 4. for
suspect tickers data retrieval is carried out once only per realtime
scan interval. For healthy tickers the data retrieval appears to
occur only once per realtime interval included the first time.
6. My 100% CPU usage and loss of control of Amibroker was a result of
the plugin taking longer than the realtime refresh interval to
retrieve data. Thus, almost no "free" time was allocated to servicing
the user. It is possible to "queue" so to speek a single mouse click
or key press to exit the application which would eventually be
serviced.

So, there is clearly a problem somewhere in the data retrieval
process and I will see how well marketcast can help me in this
regard. There also appears to be a double retrieval which I am
guessing is a result of an error after the first initial query. I
hope this makes sense.

regards
Shawky