Re: [amibroker] Problem with MarketCast data feed into Amibroker

Hello,

> Tomasz
> Thank you very much for the prompt reply via this forum. I apologise
> if I got your nose out of joint in regards to the Subject of this
> post. I did not mean to offend or suggest that Amibroker was not
> providing support. I have changed the subject line to something more
> appropriate.

That's OK. I am overly sensitive but you know how it is when you
are totally devoted to your work :-)

> Disabling Local database storage has removed the glitches and
> corrupted bars on the intraday charts. Great Stuff. It does appear to
> have degraded chart display performance somewhat.
Once invalid data problem is fixed you can turn "local database storage"
back to "ENABLED".
Actually I advice to:
- turn "local database storage" to "DISABLED"
- perform SCAN over entire database
- turn "local database storage" to "ENABLED".

This should cure all your invalid data bars plus you will have the
best performance.

> Unfortunately the 100% CPU usage on certain stocks remains. I will
> persue this problem with MarketCast as it may be a corruption in data
> at the marketcast end, but might need your help to resolve the issue.

I don't think if CPU usage is the problem of data. Most probably it is the problem
of either database api or the plugin itself.
If you can observe any pattern on when it happens please tell me.

> It does not explain what happened to Amibroker support responses to
> my emails since the 6 Sep for it seems that you are prompt with your
> service provider or I lost them, and re email the problems to AB
> support if I can't resolve them myself over the next few days.

I suggest re-sending the e-mail to support if it is not answered during 48 hours.
Please add "RESEND" to the subject line to catch the attention of support rep.

>[snip]
> I have also loaded historical tic data into the MarketCast Database
> back to 2 Jan 2004. I am not sure how well this will perform with
> Amibroker now that the Local Database Storage has been disabled. I
> will let you know how my testing goes. The Local Database Storage
> option seemed to allow very quick display of charts.

As I wrote above you can turn ON "local data storage" once data is
corrected (after scan).

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com