From: Bill Barnard [mailto:wbarnard@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 8:10 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Running two versions of AB

I like some of the new features, but still need (apparently along with
some others) the way version 4.61 works for some of my work. I found,
by trial and error, that it is easy two run two versions of AB. I
renamed the version 4.61 broker.exe, placed it in the AB folder along
with all the 4.62 files, and made another shortcut to the renamed
file. Now a click on my regular shortcut opens AB version 4.62, and a
click on the new shortcut opens version 4.61. The new dlls apparently
work fine with the old version of Broker.exe, and I only hope that
will remain true into the future.

Naturally, the old version doesn't recognize the new code wrappers
resulting from the D&D operations, so I keep the results of my D&D in
a new layout.

This works perfectly for me, but I would urge anyone trying it to be
sure they are properly backed up before proceding along these lines.

Bill

Check group FAQ at:

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129lr0gtn/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
oups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1095898191/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
anion.yahoo.com> click here

:HM/A=2128215/rand=386968910>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

*	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .