Re: [amibroker] Walk Forward testing

Hi Rizwan,

I equate walk-forward testing to out-of-sample testing. You would first get
an idea of the performance of your system with an in-sample backtest where
you use a certain timeframe and, sometimes, a certain market (say 1990 to
1995 and the Nasdaq). Then, when you are satisfied that your system tests
adequately under those conditions, you subject it to a walk-forward test
using a different timeframe and, sometimes, market(say 1996 to 2000 and the
S&P 500).

Regarding you second question, you need historic data to _backtest_. But you
can have Amibroker, via the AlertIf() function for example, test data of any
timeframe and tell you when certain trade conditions are met.

HTH,

-john

PS: In general i find this google.com search syntax helpful:

    'define term'

So here one might try searching with something like:

    define "walk forward" testing

with the quotes.