[amibroker] Re: Automatic Historical update help please (Dingo)

Hey Dingo !

Any hurricane effects in your area yet :-)

Regarding my AQ automation project.

I currently get historical files from one
source, 'Yahoo EOD' using TOOLS-->Auto-Update Quotes(can/US)
which I must click every day for a database update.

If I were to write a VB program that calls
the "AmiQuote.EXE/autoupdate" program every day
at 10:00PM, might this work.?

Do you think this would interfere with the SCAN
which I have set to "autoscan" every 480 min. (8hrs)

The general idea is that I need to get emails
while I am away from AB for up to a week.

Gosub283

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:
> AmiQuote has no automation capabilites and the only command line
arguments
> avail (AFAIK) are /download /autoupdate and /close. None of the
settings in
> AQ are avail via automation. PLUS if you use AQ for different time
frames,
> sources, etc during the day it resorts to the last run's settings
when you
> run it which could result in a mess.  This "can" be resolved by a
couple of
> less than satsifactory methods (using sendkeys to mimic changing
the
> settings via keyboard; using a keyboard macro program; or changing
the
> registry via .bat files).  If you only run it for one type of data
with the
> same settings then you're ok.

>   _____

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129ulnpv6/M=295196.4901138.6071305.30011
76/D=gr

oups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1095517432/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http
://comp
> anion.yahoo.com> click here
>
> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=
> :HM/A=2128215/rand=701625035>
>

>   _____
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> *	To visit your group on the web, go to:
>

> *	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>

> *	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service