From: yund [mailto:yund@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 6:12 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: COM and C#

Thomasz,

I got the following code to work when calling the old backtester
(aa.Backtest(2);) but the call to aa.Backtest(0) or aa.Backtest(1)
seems to cause a hang.  Do you have any idea what it could be?

---------------------------------
Broker.Application ab = new Broker.ApplicationClass();
Broker.Analysis aa = (Broker.Analysis) ab.Analysis;

ab.LoadDatabase("C:\\Program Files\\AmiBroker\\Data");
Boolean loaded = aa.LoadFormula("c:\\Program
Files\\AmiBroker\\AFL\\CCIopt.afl");
Boolean settingsLoaded = aa.LoadSettings("c:\\Program
Files\\AmiBroker\\AFL\\default.ABS");

aa.ClearFilters();
aa.ApplyTo = 0; // use symbols
aa.RangeMode = 0; // all quotes

aa.Backtest(2);
aa.Export("c:\\temp\\test.csv");
---------------------------------

I would really appreciate it if I got a response on this one.  Since
I got everything to work except this last piece.

Thanks,
-David

> Hello,
>
> Optimize() /Backtest() does not take any object as a parameter. It
just takes INTEGER.

> See users guide:
> http://www.amibroker.com/guide/objects.html
>
> Analysis object (accessible via Broker.Application.Analysis)
>
> Methods:
> - Backtest( Type = 2 ); - runs backtest
> Type can be one of the following values:
> 0 : portfolio backtest/optimize
> 1 : individual backtest/optimize
> 2 : old backtest/optimize
>
> - Explore(); - runs exploration
> - Scan(); - runs scan
> - Optimize(Type = 2 ); - runs optimization
> Type can be one of the following values:
> 0 : portfolio backtest/optimize
> 1 : individual backtest/optimize
> 2 : old backtest/optimize
>
> - bool Report( FileName: String ) - saves report to the file or
displays it if FileName = ""
> - bool Export( FileName: String ) - exports result list to CSV file
> - bool LoadFormula( FileName: String ) - loads AFL formula
> - bool SaveFormula( FileName: String ) - saves AFL formula
> - bool LoadSettings( FileName: String ) - loads backtest settings
> - bool SaveSettings( FileName: String ) - saves backtest settings
> - ClearFilters() - removes all filters
>
> Properties:
> - long ApplyTo - defines apply to mode: 0 - all stocks, 1 - current
stock, 2 - use filter
> - long RangeMode - defines range mode: 0 - all quotes, 1 - n last
quotes, 2 - n last days, 3 - from-to date
> - long RangeN - defines N (number of bars/days to backtest)
> - DATE RangeFromDate - defines "From" date
> - DATE RangeToDate - defines "To" date
> - Filter( nType: short, Category : String ) - sets/retrieves filter
setting
> nType argument defines type of filter 0 - include, 1 - exclude
> Category argument defines filter category:
> "index", "favorite", "market", "group", "sector", "index", "watchlis
t"

> All it does is triggers backtest/optimize.
>
> To get the results you have to call EXPORT to export result table
to CSV file and
> then you can do your own computations (by reading values from the
file).

> As for LoadFormula - it takes the FILE PATH parameter - the path to
the file stored

> on your hard disk that you want to load.
>

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

Check group FAQ at:

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dfaesd/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=gr
oups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1094076730/A=2319498/R=0/SIG=11thfntfp/*http://www.
netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185352&partid=5285298> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=
:HM/A=2319498/rand=129007286>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

*	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .