[amibroker] re: MACD

Ara,

I understand the general thrust of your suggestion.  I'll have to up
my study of Amibroker to work through that.

You may be right about backtesting being just as good.  Acrary, to my
mind, sounded like he knew what he was talking about, so I'm
investigating his approach on my own. He wasn't trying to sell
anything and he impressed not only me but a number of other people
whose opinions I trust.  But hey, it's the internet -- he could be
full of it.  That's why I say I'm investigating it (not just
accepting it at face value).

Thanks for replying,
Wayne

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxxx> wrote:
> Wayne
>
> How about using random generator twice ... first pick your
stock ... the
> pick the entry date ... this would be even better (truly random)
test in
> that you use no entry formula at all
>
> you will need to correlate your stock nuber and date bar number
with the
> random generator... but that should be quite doable.
>
> I am not convinced that the random test coomparison is
necessary ... beleive