From: Chris [mailto:shawky2004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2004 7:25 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Scripting - Macros - Application Automation...

Hi All
I've been trading full time now for almost 12 months and only just
started usign Amibroker - great program - so much to learn.

I have managed to write a couple of simple AFL indicators and
commentary for my charts accessing manually drawn regression channels
and trend lines. The AFL Study() function is great, though I would
like to extract more information from a study in the AFL...down the
track maybe.

My question is not specific to AB, but I'm sure Ami has full support
somehow.

I would like to creat a macro (script?) or an automation tool to
speed up repetitive chart editing. Mind you, I would like to do the
same with other applications and thought that VB for Applications
would do it but have been unsuccessful achieving it.

I would like to be able to do the following using a single key stroke
or similar:

After draw a trend line or regression channel on a chart press a
hotkey or activate a macro that would select the active study (i.e.
the regression channel) and allow me to edit the studies properties.
In particular to change the study name, and regression channel upper
and lower line properties and names as well.

I guess the same tools should be able to perform a cross application
cut and paste sequence that many of us perform regularly on a daily
basis (i.e. manual update of prices)
1. Select Watchlist X in Application Y
2. Copy
3. Select Applicaiton Z
4. Paste

I'd appreciate your suggestions, and by the way I did try the search
tool to no avail, though possibly because I don't know what I am
actually looking for.

I have some experience with Excel-VBA, C (non windows) and unix
scripting experience.

regards
Shawky

Check group FAQ at:

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1293jh1v7/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=gr
oups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1092562485/A=2164330/R=0/SIG=11eamf8g4/*http://www.
netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183350> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=
:HM/A=2164330/rand=491951465>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

*	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .