From: "pete_wragg" <wraggp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 5:02 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Updated interpretations..... and horizontal lines
again!!!

> Thanks Thomas.  But that's not really what I was referring to.  I have
several books that give details of all the indicators, but it is the fact
that those that come with AmiBroker use the data from the charts and "fill
in the blanks" with the real data, giving the interpretation of THAT data on
THAT chart - is what I find useful, as I'm sure do many others.

> Given that there are already several interpretations already included
(perhaps they should be called interactive interpretations?) the fact that
several still just come up with the message "Interpertation not yet
available" just gives the whole thing a slight air of being unfinished.
Adding new features like 3D charts is great, and fun to play with, but
surely completing some of the original features should also be high on the
list of things to do...?

> Not stirring or complaing here - just trying to make a point.
>
> Same as my posts fom a couple of months ago about horizontal lines having
TWO ends to adjust in their properties, when by DEFINITION, a horizontal
line can only have a single LEVEL to adjust, otherwise it becomes a sloping
line.  This is still not fixed.  In Metastock, right click on a horizontal
line, and the FIRST box, with the cursor already in it, is the adjustment of
the single LEVEL.  Very quick.  In AmiBroker, you right-click, then have to
move to the first adjustment box, fix it, then tab to another and fix it to
the same as the first.  Much slower and less convenient.  I know it's only a
small thing, but it's things like this that should be fixed first before
adding more new bells and whistles in my view.  But I still love AmiBroker
and have now completely moved to it from Metastock :)

> And yes - I did submit the suggestion about horizontal lines on the
website when I first posted about it :)