Re: [amibroker] Disk file operations

Hi Graham,

G> But you do not need to update manually by typing into QE in AB. QE
G> to me is for the odd correction that is needed, not for wholesale
G> inputting of data Can you copy and paste the data into excel, if
G> so I would be happy to help create a spreadsheet to manage the
G> data into usable format.

Well, I suppose I *could* enter into Excel, but Excel is not really
designed to have a small screen surface, and I'd like to avoid having
to type every detail, such as "Open", etc., or the dates for each
entry.  But if you can come up with something I'll sure appreciate
and try it.  I would estimate that when the DL is open and running,
fully functional, it takes up no more than, oh, about 7 percent of my
screen real estate.  I'm trying hard to imagine an Excel that
compact.  ^_^

G> I too would like to have data in my AB format database and not in MS, but
G> the best my data provider could do was have instructions on using the MS
G> plugin. For some reason Justdata and AB couldn't get the data supplied
G> direct to AB.

I can get DLQ to give it to me in ASCII, as TJ suggested.  That is
fine for the larger database that I don't bet real money on.  But I
have at least a psychological need to manually update what I
constantly trade.  Frankly, I think I have a financial need, too. ^_^

Yuki