Re: [amibroker] The Quote Editor and The Downloader

Sounds interesting. In this category of services, one could place
stockwatch.com

It's a canadian site offering Realtimequotes with backfill for
QuoteTracker and also EOD data download for US and Canadian
exchanges in various file formats. It's always a complete file which
you can compose of various exchanges. This file can be imported into
AB without any problems.

If you're just interested in EOD data, you can subscribe for the
lowest fee of 2,50 USD/month and get the EOD data.

see www.stockwatch.com

Of course, you would have to take for splits, namechanges etc.
yourself. No further service provided.

Finally, there's stockwiz.com, subscription rate in the range of 20
USD when I checked last time.

www.stockwiz.com

regards
Stefan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "areehoi" <hoierman@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi all:
> I have noted a number of posts recently on Downloaders and EOD
data.
> Yes, I have used the HQuotes downloader with MetaStock and had a
lot
> of problems with it.  Also used (am an still using ) Yahoo free
> data.  About 6 months ago when everyone was having trouble with
Yahoo
> I tried MSOdata on a free 30 day trial and have been using it
since.
> It downloads about 13,000 stocks into an  ASCII file (takes less
than
> 2 minutes with dial up). You then download from that file into
> AmiBroker through the Wizard (another 2 minutes) and you are up
> dated.  So far I've found the data quite reliable.  It includes
> stocks, indexes, futures, COT and Funds (Funds are not udated
until
> next day).  Mike Zambeck President of MSOdata came to our
AmiBroker
> users group meeting last Monday and is very interested in working
> with Tomasz in providing a direct download so as to bypass the
Wizard