  >From:
  Keith
  McCombs
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2004 12:24
  PM
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] RUT
  AddToComposite with TC2000 data
  Joe  --I find it
  interesting that we do not get the same count.  What are you using for a
  data source, TC2000 or something else?  Also where did you get your
  Rut2000 list from?Smitty --You have a good point regarding name
  changes, etc.  However, I would think that more than 80% of the stocks in
  todays Rut2000 were in existence, with the same name, only 4 1/2 years
  ago.  And less than 92% right now??Anyone --Any ideas on how
  I might generate a list of the symbols in my Rut2000 Watch List that were
  either found or not found on any particular day?  That might help me
  understand this weirdness.Thanks for your help.--
  KeithJoe Landry wrote:

    Keith
    I count my Rut2000 stocks the same way using
    the same AFL statement but I get a count of 1895 all the way back to 1990, a
    flat line.

    <FONT color=#0000ff
    size=1>AddToComposite(Volume,<FONT
    color=#ff00ff size=1>"~RUTVol",<FONT
    color=#ff00ff size=1>"X");<FONT
    face=Arial size=2>
    <FONT color=#0000ff
    size=1>AddToComposite(<FONT color=#ff00ff
    size=1>1, <FONT color=#ff00ff
    size=1>"~RUTcount", <FONT color=#ff00ff
    size=1>"X");
    On a first cut I would say it's
    survivorship, a conclusion you've probably come to also. The stocks in the
    Russell 2000 list today were not in the list in 1984.
    JOE
    <BLOCKQUOTE

      <DIV