[amibroker] Level II data

Hello,

Read my answer below please.

----- Original Message -----
From: "edwards_ca1" <edwards_ca1@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 3:09 AM
Subject: [amibroker] AmiBroker, ^NDX, and TRIN

> Is there something in AmiBroker that tells it that
> ^NDX consists of 100 Nasdaq stocks ?
>
> Does AmiBroker know specifically which 100 stocks
> belong to  ^NDX ?
>
> I am wondering, because, otherwise how would AmiBroker know
> how to calculate Trin for Nasdaq stocks by using:
>
> TrinIndex =
>  ( AdvIssues() / DecIssues() ) / ( AdvVolume() / DecVolume() );
>

> Is it true that, for example, AdvIssues()
> is calculated based on a group of stocks,
> which is based on a particular Index,
> which is based on the market for the stock being viewed ?

Those functions are based on MARKET (symbols that belong to MARKET,
not to the index) as explained here:
http://www.amibroker.com/newsletter/04-2000.html

Please note that this function is intended to be used for relatively small, local databases.
When you are using any plugin I suggest using AddToComposite instead.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com