[amibroker] Re: Time vs Tick Baesd charts

Herman,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Herman van den Bergen" <psytek@xxxxxxxx>
>[snip]
> I have long given up on the assumption that stock data, from any source, or
> candle patterns, are true. Designing exclusively around Limit orders and
> letting the trade pass if I don't get in is the name of the game for me but,
> as always, more experienced traders may have a different opinion ;-) we all
> have to find our own way of coping with an imperfect world.

Well it depends what you call "true". If "true" means the same between different
data vendors then EOD data are "true" because they are officially reported by exchanges
after the trading session.

Intraday data however are based on real-time market activity and thus
prone to errors due to bad ticks that may or may not be corrected later by
the data vendor.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com