Re: [amibroker] Scheduling Scan Automatically?

John, at least I got the Industry comparison done.
After realising, that there is no link between symbols data and the
data in the MG indexes with AB, I used the AddToComposite AFL for a
"re- assignment" of stocks to their Industrygroups.
After running a scan with addtocomposite, I used simply following
formula based on yours :

myidx="~"+IndustryID(1);

mktid=MarketID(1);
if ( mktid == "NYSE" )
mktidstr="DJ-30";
else
mktidstr = "COMPQX";

SetForeign(myidx);
idxc = C;
SetForeign(mktidstr);
mktc = C;
RestorePriceArrays();

fvb = Status("firstvisiblebar");
Plot( 100 * ( C - C[ fvb ] ) / C[ fvb ], "Relative Performance [%] " +
Name(), colorBlue );
Plot( 100 * ( idxc - idxc[ fvb ] )/ idxc[ fvb ], myidx, colorRed ,
styleLine );
Plot( 100 * ( mktC - mktc[ fvb ] )/ mktc[ fvb ], mktidstr, colorGreen ,
styleLine );
PlotGrid(0, colorYellow );

Unfortunately, this doesn't work with sectors, since TC2000 has more
sectors than the 53 used by AB.

Of course, whenever dazta is updated, I have to re-run the scan to
update also the artificial composites.

Anyway, your reply lead me in the right direction.

regards
Stefan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sgfuchs" <sgfuchs@xxxx> wrote:
> [...]
>
> thanks a lot. I tried the formuly, but it doesn't work as intended.
> When using i.e. myidx = IndustryID(1); I get the name of the IG
> displayed, but of course no performanceline since the Industrygroup as
> such is no Ticker with data.
>
> TC 2000 provides the Media General (MG ) Industrygroups with daily
> data. This is comparabable to QP's "IRL" Industrygroups from HGS.
> But QP updates this data only once a week.
>
> The MG Groups have their own Tickersymbols in TC2000,
> like MG110 = - Chemicals - Under this symbol, all the daily data of
> the stocks in this group is accumulated and updated daily.
>
> So in order to use the MG Groups data for comparison of
> RelPerformance, I guess I would have to assign the stocks to each
> group within AB - quite a task for 7000+ stocks.
>
> Again, since Tomasz wrote the plugin for access to TC2000 database, he
> might know a more elegant way to do this.
>
> regards
> Stefan
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bob Johnson" <bjohnson314@xxxx>
wrote:
> > This isn't as elegant as TJ's indicator (which it's cut & pasted
> from) but
> > it works as a custom
> > indicator with my QP data. I'm not familar with TC2000, but if it
> does index
> > assignments GetBaseIndex()
> > should work.
> >
> > I build my own industry index composites instead of using QP's,
but the
> > names are based on the QP indexes
> > with a "~" prepended.  Just remove the "~"+ if your using 'native'
> >
> > Figuring out the market index is just brute force, but I'm not sure
> there is
> > a better way to do it.
> > The if/else here isn't really complete enough, but it gives the
> idea.  The
> > if statement can expanded to include
> > whatever markets you look at.
> >
> > You could do something similar for sectors if you have indexes you
> want to
> > use for them or build your own
> > sector composites & do something like the myidx assignment using
> SectorID(1)
> > instead of GetBaseIndex();

> > ---------------------------
> > myidx="~"+GetBaseIndex();
> >
> > mktid=MarketID(1);
> > if ( mktid == "NYSE" )
> >     mktidstr="!DJI";
> > else
> >     mktidstr = "!COMP";
> >
> > SetForeign(myidx);
> > idxc = C;
> > SetForeign(mktidstr);
> > mktc = C;
> > RestorePriceArrays();
> >
> > fvb = Status("firstvisiblebar");
> > Plot( 100 * ( C - C[ fvb ] ) / C[ fvb ], "Relative Performance [%] " +
> > Name(), colorBlue );
> > Plot( 100 * ( idxc - idxc[ fvb ] )/ idxc[ fvb ], myidx, colorRed ,
> > styleLine );
> > Plot( 100 * ( mktC - mktc[ fvb ] )/ mktc[ fvb ], mktidstr,

I can
> sector and

> could

Terms of