RE: [amibroker] Scheduling Scan Automatically?

Hello John,

thanks a lot. I tried the formuly, but it doesn't work as intended.
When using i.e. myidx = IndustryID(1); I get the name of the IG
displayed, but of course no performanceline since the Industrygroup as
such is no Ticker with data.

TC 2000 provides the Media General (MG ) Industrygroups with daily
data. This is comparabable to QP's "IRL" Industrygroups from HGS.
But QP updates this data only once a week.

The MG Groups have their own Tickersymbols in TC2000,
like MG110 = - Chemicals - Under this symbol, all the daily data of
the stocks in this group is accumulated and updated daily.

So in order to use the MG Groups data for comparison of
RelPerformance, I guess I would have to assign the stocks to each
group within AB - quite a task for 7000+ stocks.

Again, since Tomasz wrote the plugin for access to TC2000 database, he
might know a more elegant way to do this.

regards
Stefan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bob Johnson" <bjohnson314@xxxx> wrote:
> This isn't as elegant as TJ's indicator (which it's cut & pasted
from) but
> it works as a custom
> indicator with my QP data. I'm not familar with TC2000, but if it
does index
> assignments GetBaseIndex()
> should work.
>
> I build my own industry index composites instead of using QP's, but the
> names are based on the QP indexes
> with a "~" prepended.  Just remove the "~"+ if your using 'native'
>
> Figuring out the market index is just brute force, but I'm not sure
there is
> a better way to do it.
> The if/else here isn't really complete enough, but it gives the
idea.  The
> if statement can expanded to include
> whatever markets you look at.
>
> You could do something similar for sectors if you have indexes you
want to
> use for them or build your own
> sector composites & do something like the myidx assignment using
SectorID(1)