Re: [amibroker] How to get non array variables?

Terry --
You must use == instead of = for the conditional test in the 'if'
statement.  For example:
if (A5 == 1) A1= A2 = 0;

-- Keith

Terry wrote:

  How to get non array variables?
  Problem: I need a
variable as a number and not as an array to use in a subscript (see
code below). Is there a way to declare variables as array or numeric? I
found the global vs. local, but not array vs. numeric.

A1...A9. The values of these arrays are either 1, 0 or -1. When A5 = 1,
I want to zero out all other arrays for that bar. I keep getting this
error:

  Error <font
 color="#ff00ff">6.
    Array subscript has to be a number

The Code:

//Compute values of A1-A9 first.

i=BarCount; //I put
this in to try and force a non-array variable. It doesn't work with or
without this line.

i=BarIndex();
  if (A5[i]=1) <font
 color="#008000">//A5 trumps all other A rules so make all others = 0
  A1[i]=A2[i]=A3[i]=A4[i]=A6[i]=A7[i]=A8[i]=A9[i]=<font
 color="#ff00ff">0;

I suppose there is an array solution that could look something like
this:
  A1=A2=A3=A4=A6=A7=A8=A9=<font
 color="#0000ff">IIf(A5=1,0,?);
  but a) I don&#8217;t know what to put in the not
true part that will leave all the values unchanged and, b) I would like
to know how to obtain a number variable.

I could also do this 8 times (once for each array), but it seems so
un-elegant:
  A1=IIf(A5=1,0,A1);
A2=IIf(A5=1,0,A2);

Thanks in advance for any solutions.