[amibroker] Amibroker files go to desktop when downloading

>From the User's Guide:

"Identifiers are arbitrary names of any length given to functions and
variables. Identifiers can contain the letters (a-z, A-Z), the
underscore character ("_"), and the digits (0-9). The first character
must be a letter."

I've confirmed through experimentation that AB won't accept other
characters in a variable name.  Why this limitation?  As long as the
name begins with a letter, has no spaces, and is followed by an equal
sign, wouldn't that be enough to confirm that it's a variable and
nothing else?  It'd be nice to be able to use the full range of
characters and signs.

This may seem like a small point, but I'm developing a large library
of variables for repeated use.  I'd like the variable names to
contain enough information that: 1) I can recall them without having
to look them up;  2) I recognize what they mean when I see them in a
formula without having to look them up.

For example, in naming an up gap variable, it would be nice to be
able to use the % sign to identify the size of the gap, and also
use "." for fractional percentages. I'm trying to work around it
using round about ways (eg "PC" instead of the percent sign) but the
results are longer than necessary and not as clear.

I'd appreciate any workaround ideas.

Thanks, Wayne