RE: [amibroker] QuickAFL and SetBarsRequired and other stories

<SPAN
class=625270402-12072004>Herman, why *couldn't* you use multiple prefixes in a
dynamic var name?
<SPAN
class=625270402-12072004>
<SPAN
class=625270402-12072004>Also, Gary, FWIW, Osaka implements tables with
string and number columns. Not n-dimensional arrays, just 2, effectively, but
still very useful. Should do your example just fine, and save it to disk between
symbol runs in a backtest too.
<SPAN
class=625270402-12072004>
<SPAN
class=625270402-12072004>Dave
<BLOCKQUOTE

  Herman,

  Where are you going with Table functionality?  I ask because I am
  very interested.  Are you suggesting something like

  Column:  Symbol
  Row:  Barindex
  Value:  PositionScore

  I'd really love to easily get my hands on porfolio trading info like
  which positions are on, how many bars ago they were put on as I would like to
  switch scoring routines based on how long a position has been on.

  Have you been messing with any of this stuff????

  Kind Regards,
  GaryHerman van den Bergen<SPAN
  class=625270402-12072004><FONT face="Courier New" color=#0000ff
  size=2>
   wrote:
  <BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq

    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>Tomasz,
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>Please forgive my ignorance but I totally seem to miss the
    significance of dynamic variables... Unless you can convince me otherwise I
    think I would have preferred to see the introduction of traditional
    multidimensional tables that can be used in standard math routines...why is
    this better or more versatile in the field of technical analysis? ... I have
    lots lots of questions:
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    1)
    Can dynamic variables be used to implement multidimensional random access
    tables, like TableA(k,i,j) ?
    2)
    Are there any limits to the number of dynamic variables we can
    create?
    3)
    Can dynamic variables handle only arrays or also numbers and strings, if so
    how to define one or the other?
    4)
    Can we use multiple 'subscripts' like SetVar("VarA"+i+j+k, somenumber) to
    simulate tradional tables?
    5)
    Is there any way to save them on disk?
    6)
    Could you give a non-trivial example/application?
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>many thanks for any light you can shed on this!
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>herman.