[amibroker] Re: Displaced MA

Hello,

I am having lots of problems getting to understand how the program functions
with its own logic. I have asked al these questions in the mail group
several times but to date no responses. I have read the tutorials many many
times and can not locate any references to this.

Examples.

1) How do I set up a portfolio of different future symbols and run some code
over the protfolio when each future code has different brokerage, tick
values and so on? I know I can set tick values within information menu and I
know the settings menu contains other values but they must be fixed fro all
codes within the portfolio.

I tried iif statements for each code but can not find a symbol for
brokerage!

2) I have code that buys one day and sells the next day at open. Sometimes I
get a buy signal on the second day and notice your program does not sell the
first buy from the day before or buy the new trade. Sort of saving the two
brokerage fees.

Unfortunatley, the stop value references the day befores values. example if
a stop of 10 points applied the day before and my intention turns out to be
to buy next day also then obviously I would not close out the first trade
but rather would want a new stop of 10 points from the second days open.

I can't see any way to alter this as it appears to be hard coded into your
software.

3) I have  some code which runs on daily charts. I decided to test this code
on weekly timefram and so inserted the line TimeFrameSet( inweekly)

TimeFrameSet( interval ) - replaces current built-in price/volume arrays:
open, high, low, close, volume, openint, avg with time-compressed bars of
specified interval once you switched to a different time frame all
calculations and built-in indicators operate on selected time frame. To get
back to original interval call TimeFrameRestore() funciton. Interval is time
frame interval in seconds. For example: 60 is one minute bar. You should use
convenient constants for common intervals: in1Minute, in5Minute, in15Minute,
inHourly, inDaily, inWeekly, inMonthly.

I understand that this hsould the nrun the code over WEEKLY data bars
constructed from the daily bars.

However,. when I look at the chart and report, the signals are nothing like
the ones I should be generating.