[amibroker] Re: Wrong #bars reported in Wkly AA Tests

Hallo there Carsten

Yes I am currently trying what I can, but it is not going so well,
here is the formula as I currently have it:

//start
TradeLong = H > TimeFrameGetPrice( "H", inDaily, -2 );
TradeShort = L < TimeFrameGetPrice( "L", inDaily, -2 );

BuyPrice= TimeFrameGetPrice( "H", inDaily, -2);
ShortPrice = TimeFrameGetPrice( "L", inDaily, -2 );
NumContracts = 1;
PositionSize = NumContracts * MarginDeposit;
PointValue =1;
Buy = tradelong;
Sell=0;
Short = tradeshort;
Cover=0;
ApplyStop( stopTypeProfit, stopModePoint, 0.0030, True );
ApplyStop( stopTypeLoss, stopModePoint, 0.0027, True );
//end

I wanted to do the test on the GBP/USD ...

I have a Spreadsheat that does it very well with great results also
for the GBP/Yen which is more volitile and thus makes the system
much more reliable...

The reason why I wanted to test it with AB was to determin how far
the price could pull back after entry before it actually reaches the
profit target...

If you like I could send you the spreadsheet...as it turns out it
seems that if you target a 10 point profit on the GBP/YEN you will
reach it 99.9% ... in a 24Hr cycle ... the equity curve can be
measured by a staight ruler so nicely it goes up ... still looking
for some flaws in this almost to good to be true findings though !!!

Thanks for your replies, maybe we can sort this thing out via mail
or whatever pleases you !!!

Kind reagards

Louw

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sesselhocker"