RE: [amibroker] Bar Hole Patcher V0.02

Dear Geo,

As a new trader, I am very interested in what you wrote. Would it be possible to recommend me books or web sites on price action & volume?
Also what are trend channels and median lines you use?
Thank you.
Best Regards,
David C.
 gunovanengel <gunovanengel@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Geo,In your post you said: "but I solved that problem by using an chart overlay program to draw on AB charts)." Could you please share the name and the source of this program.Kindest regardGuno--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Geo Singleman" <geosing@xxxx> wrote:> Ken,> > Good luck with the effort. I forgot to mention another site you may find useful - especially if you are considering trading emini futures. Michael Jardine who runs this site is the author of a book on Fibonacci Trading techniques.> > http://www.enthios.com> > I became a profitable trader only after I dropped all the indicators, moving averages and other squiggly lines which are all dervitives of price. I have got to the point that I can do without charts
 during the trading session. The charts I use are plain vanilla candle charts and volume, if available. (eminis do have the volume). I only use straightline tools - trend channels and median lines. (I wish I could draw sliding parallels in AB - but I solved that problem by using an chart overlay program to draw on AB charts). Certain characterstics of price moves and patterns combined with behavior of volume (where available) are all that I use in my short term trading - most trades within 10 five minute bars. This may be just me, as I know successful traders with Ensign charts looking like Picasso's work. My feeble brain cannot process more than 1 or 2 variables at a time. Keeping it super simple works for me. Anything that made me think and hesitate was fatal to the bottomline. :-)> > Don't get me wrong, as AB is a great TA and backtesting tool, you can probably find something that works well for you. It is just that
 in very short term discretionary trading less is more., imo.> > ----- Original Message ----- >   From: Ken Henderson >   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >   Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2004 07:41 PM>   Subject: RE: [amibroker] Scalping Using RT Tick Data> > >   Hi Geo> >    > >   Thanks for the web sites, they make interesting reading.> >    > >   Although I have not traded extensively short term, I tend to agree with you that standard indicators do not work well in this time frame.   I am interested in playing around with some indicators that have come via the AB user group.  I will let you know if I find any that are of assistance.> >    > >   Trading tick data is very much a matter
 of staying focused on the charts and acting quickly that when you believe a trade should be entered or exited with very tight stops. > >    > >   Only time will tell whether this is a market that I should trade.> >    > >   Many thanks> >    > >   KenCheck AmiBroker web page at:http://www.amibroker.com/Check group FAQ at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html