<BLOCKQUOTE

  From: buzzmr [mailto:buzzmr@xxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 7:33 AMTo:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Tomasz: Please check
  'Phase 2' chart regarding trades in regular backtest mode
  Tomasz,It seems that my post requesting clarification
  of the following has possibly not been received, so I'm
  resubmitting.  Please re-check the 'Phase 2' chart --- I think there
  is an error.  Please also note that I posed an additional
  clarification question following this paragraph:1)  In the
  'Phase 2' chart, why was the AMGN 'Buy(2)' trade skipped incolumn 10 when
  only LVLT was entered at column 10 and there were NOOTHER 'OPEN' or
  (higher-priority) 'entered' trades in that column?Shouldn't AMGN be
  entered (and 'opened') at that time? If so, thatwould have caused the MSFT
  trade entered in column 12 to be skipped,and likewise, the CSCO trade
  entry in column 14 would also have beenskipped. Have I misinterpreted
  something here, or is there an errorin the chart?2)  Also,
  how are EQUAL position-score 'ties' resolved, and what is actually done,
  when additional 'open-position' slots remain to 'fill' the
  'MaxOpenPosition' limit ..AND.. the NUMBER of potential candidates (each
  having an EQUAL position score that qualifies to 'fill' a remaining
  'slot') EXCEEDS the remaining number of slots to be filled?
  For example, using my commentary in the preceding paragraph #1), say in
  column 10, assume there were another stock (say, XYZ) in addition to AMGN
  that had a position score of 2 (i.e., 'Buy (2)').  LVLT clearly gets
  'bought' to fill the first slot, but which of the set (of EQUAL position
  scores): {AMGN,XYZ} would be 'bought' to fill the remaining second 'open
  position' slot available to reach 'MaxOpenPositions' in this case?
  How does the AB logic 'resolve' these kinds of competing 'ties' in the the
  backtester?Thanks for your assistance on these issues
  .....Buzz -------------------> --- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx>
  > wrote:> >  > > Hello,> > >
  > Since previous post has been deformatted by YahooGroups, I have >
  prepared a gif that shows the same and it is included now> > so
  formatting should be correct no matter what.> > The picture is also
  available on AmiBroker web site:> > <A
  href="">http://www.amibroker.com/gifs/bt_regular.gif>
  converted to > > potential trades and how those potential trades are
  choosen >according to highest positionscore in regular portfolio
  backtest.> > > > Note:> > 1. numbers in
  parentheses mean the position score at entry signal> > 2. the table
  assumes "max open positions" = 2> > 3. trade is picked or skipped
  (according to score). skipped trades > are marked in grey color.
  Only trades that are left colorized are > actually taken.> >
  > > I hope this table explains everything.> > >
  Janeczko> > amibroker.comCheck AmiBroker
  web page at:<A
  href="">http://www.amibroker.com/Check
  group FAQ at: <A