From: Linda Wilmarth [mailto:smart@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 6:54 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Problem with Extraneous Buy Signals

Gary,

This changes the results, but doesn't solve the problem completely.

On 2/27/02, the RSI crosses below 30 and so the system buys on 2/28/02 like
it should.  The RSI then rises above 30, but the Close is not high enough
over the next couple days to make the Sell condition be True.  Then on
3/2/01, the RSI falls below 30 again.  Since the system is already in the
middle of a trade, there is not another buy signal, which is what I want.

But the code now exits when the close is higher than what the entry would
have been on the 2nd (potential) signal instead of what the entry really was
on the first (real) signal.  The system exits at a loss, when I want to
always wait until there is a profit before exiting.

Linda
---