Re: [amibroker] Detecting end/start of new bar

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply Dimitris - much appreciated.

Plotting the gridlines and your code is very useful, and duly filed :)

But that is not what I'm referring to - perhaps I just can't seem to explain the problem clearly.  I'm talking about the ticks on the Y-axis being visible.  In MetaStock, whatever price scale is on the Y-axis, the ticks BETWEEN the labelled points are visible - i.e. if the price is under 10c, then ticks are at 0.001 intervals, if the price is 10c - 50c, the ticks are at 0.005 intervals, and above 50cents, they are at 0.01 intervals.  In other words, the scale is fully marked.  In AmiBroker, it is not, and when one is confronted with the labels on the Y-axis numbering all the OHLC prices, the MA values, and the Bolly Band values, it can be very difficult to know just where a particular price value actually is on the Y-axis.  So all one can do is plonk the horizontal line somewhere near where it might be, then adjust the properties of the line.  That is way more fiddly than it should be.

If you then couple the other two problems - the "Snap-to" not working, and the fact that TWO values have to be adjusted, then you can see that it can and should be MUCH simpler than that.

If "Snap-to" worked, and:
If all price ticks were visible so placing the line is easier, and:
If horizontal lines by definition only had a SINGLE value to adjust,:
THEN using horizontal lines would be MUCH simpler.

This would be a basic programming function within Ami itself, rather than the end-user having to code it in.  It is something that Tomasz perhaps could look at.....  hint hint..;)

Pete, Brisbane, Australia.