[amibroker] Re: Second time around - a question and a possible bug. Tomasz??

  • To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: How raw signals are converted to trades and how then trades are picked based on score in regular backtest mode
  • From: "buzzmr" <buzzmr@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:43:54 -0700

(Sorry if this posts twice --- doesn't look like the first time went
thru...)

Tomasz,

In the 'Phase 2' chart, why was the AMGN 'Buy(2)' trade skipped in
column 10 when only LVLT was entered at column 10 and there were NO
OTHER 'OPEN' or (higher-priority) 'entered' trades in that column?
Shouldn't AMGN been entered (and 'opened') at that time?  If so, that
would have caused the MSFT trade entered in column 12 to be skipped,
and likewise, the CSCO trade entry in column 14 would also have been
skipped.  Have I misinterpreted something here, or is there an error
in the chart?

Also, what is done in the case of position-score 'ties' when
more 'open-position' slots remain to get to the 'maxopenposition'
limit AND number of potential candidates to 'fill' those
open positions with position scores that are all equal exceed the
remaining number of slots to be filled?  Using my commentary in the
first
paragraph, say in column 10, what if there were another stock (say,
XYZ) in addition to AMGN that had a position score of 2 (i.e., 'Buy
(2)').  LVLT clearly gets opened, but which of the set {AMGN,XYZ}
would 'open' to fill the remaining available single slot to
reach 'maxopenpositions' in this case?

Thanks for further clarification .....

Buzz

> Hello,
>
> Since previous post has been deformatted by YahooGroups, I have
prepared a gif that shows the same and it is included now
> so formatting should be correct no matter what.
> The picture is also available on AmiBroker web site:
> http://www.amibroker.com/gifs/bt_regular.gif
>

> The following table shows how raw signals are converted to
potential trades and how those potential trades are choosen according
> highest positionscore in regular portfolio backtest.
>
> Note:
> 1. numbers in parentheses mean the position score at entry signal
> 2. the table assumes "max open positions" = 2
> 3. trade is picked or skipped (according to score). skipped trades
are marked in grey color. Only trades that are left colorized are
actually taken.