RE: [amibroker] BOLLINGER BANDS HISTOGRAM

Thanks
Owen, however note that i used Equity(1) in my code which removes all redundant
signals. This code will use exactly the same signals as are used in the
backtester... so i think it should work OK without ExRem() or other logic.
Please correct me if i am wrong.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>herman.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Owen Davies
  [mailto:owen5819@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 10:23
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  Is there a "Bars Since Entry" Function ?Herman van
  den Bergen wrote:> The easiest way to determine trade profits is to
  sample the equity > curve as created by AB. For example:>
  > // your system here....(the following code untested)>
  E=Equity(1);> LongEntryEquity = valuewhen(ref(Buy,-1),E);>
  LongExitEquity = valuewhen(ref(Sell,-1),E);> LongTradeProfit =
  valuewhen(ref(sell,-1), LongExitEquity-LongEntryEquity);>
  Plot(LongTradeProfit,"LTP",1,1);Note that you will need
  ExRem(Buy,Sell) and ExRem(Short,Cover) statements if your technique
  involves the possibility of repeated entry signals before the exit, or the
  ValueWhen() statement will wind up referring to the most recent signal,
  rather than the one on which you entered.I have plead with Tomasz
  to give us a BarsSince(Entry) function intermittently for several years
  now.  ExRem() and ExRemSpan() will do the job between them.  I
  believe Tomasz was kind enough to provide ExRemSpan() specifically to
  solve a problem I had, and I am profoundly grateful to him; customer
  service doesn't get any better than that.  However, there are still
  situations in which the logic of repeated signals becomes so convoluted
  that I lose track and waste endless hours trying to be sure I've accounted
  for all the variations--and then am never quite sure that I have
  succeeded.  BarsSince(Entry) would eliminate that problem.For
  an illustration, try implementing the classic Larry Williams volatility
  breakout entry and bailout exit.  Enter when the price rises or falls
  from the Open by a set fraction of the previous day's range.  Exit on
  the first profitable Open after a delay of one or more bars.  This
  frequently produces repeated entry signals before the exit, and often
  gives a new signal on the exit day; it gets complicated enough to give you
  the idea.  This can be solved using ExRem() and ExRemSpan(), but the
  code would be cleaner with a BarsSince(Entry) function.Owen
  DaviesCheck AmiBroker web page at:<A
  href="">http://www.amibroker.com/Check
  group FAQ at: <A