Im about to set you as Filter=Trash if you keep it up.
        ATB

Michael.

At 12:57 PM 17/06/2004, you wrote:

----- Original Message -----

From: buzzmr

To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 10:35 PM

Subject: [amibroker] Identifying Elliott Waves using AFL

Has anyone here attempted to use AmiBroker's AFL code to identify and

mark Elliott Wave 'legs' on a chart?  I would think this is rather

involved, but any feedback and/or suggested coding would be

appreciated.  Thanks!!

Not only very involved, but since EW counts are often quite subjective I doubt that you would trust the code to duplicate what you do manually.  There are several programs that do provide counts.  You might try them on a trial basis to see if any of them provide a count under a variety of conditions and markets that you are happy with.  I never reached a satisfactory comfort level with those programs and doubt that anyone starting from scratch will exceed their performance.

Buzz