[amibroker] Re: Horizontal Line drawing - suggestion - Tomasz? Possible problem in Beta

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:28:06 +0900, you wrote:

> <snip>. . .by an overwhelming majority, plain-text is the rule.
> And plain-text is what I'm setup for.  I do not have time to
> sort out quoted <snip> . .

POOF  -- delurking

Ibid., As a SYSOP, I noted that HTML users are newbies, and usually
have little to contribute. I guess it's like CB radio, that's what
makes the world go round .... buyers/sellers .... winners/losers.

For those reading this, a plain text message of 20 lines, could easily
be 40-200 lines depending on the "fancy" overhead.

So, for a heavy lurker with a standard 5 meg mailbox, HTML can very
easily cut the number of stored messages to 1/2 or even 1/3.  Which
means that you need to retrieve daily.... no problem, except when on a
trip, or vacation.... add attachments, spam and sporge attacks, you
can fill a mailbox in 30 minutes with HTML.

.. AND .. embedded URL's and java enabled messages can be virus
carriers.

FWIW, I use Agent as my mailer. Pure text!  (I can however see the
HTML message if "I" select to see that ONE message.

POOF - relurking....

-= Chris ß =-
Sysop - PerfData Systems