[amibroker] OBV and 30 day moving average

<BLOCKQUOTE

  ----- Original Message -----
  <DIV
  >From:
  DIMITRIS
  TSOKAKIS
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, June 13, 2004 4:49 AM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Fib solutions vs
  the tough market decisions

  Rakesh,I know of course how to code an ellipse, the respective
  codes are posted here long time ago.I am far from the office now, the
  internet connection is poor, I will send details
ASAP.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  Coding an ellipse is not
  hard but that is not the problem which is the underlying, proprietary
  logic that AGET uses to position the ellipse.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#800000
  size=2>Dimitris Tsokakis--- In <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rakesh
  Sahgal <rakeshsahgal@x...>
  wrote:> Dimitris,> > In the context of Fibs, I have
  seen a friend use them> quite effectively.> > He however
  doesnt use fibs alone by themselves. He> uses   a tool from
  Adavnced Get "The Ellipise".> Unfortunately I dont have AG and the
  program is> frighteningly expensive, $3k approx if I am not>
  mistaken.> > What he does is he tracks retracements with
  the> ellipse  in place - starting at Low Pivot and and>
  ending at High Pivot. Then as price makes a low> hitting the ellipse
  in  the region of .500 to .786 ,> he walks into the stock.
  Admittedly this is risky to> some, akin to trying to catch falling
  knives as they> say, but he buys "despair" and more often than not
  he> has a 10% odd gain in a fornight or so. > > The code
  for the ellipse is not available in the> public domain, if it were this
  would make one hell of> a combination by incorporating it into AB and
  using> with Fibs.> > Maybe some day TJ will have
  something similar to the> ellipse and we all would have a shot at
  striking it> rich. :)> > Rakesh> > >
  --- DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS <TSOKAKIS@xxxx> wrote:> > ron,>
  > thank you for your reply,I hope the readers will> > find
  useful.> > Any decision from Fib retracements alone may be>
  > dangerous and cost a > > lot of money.> > Happy
  coding is not happy trading .> > Dimitris Tsokakis> > ---
  In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ronbo"> > <ronbo@xxxx>
  wrote:> > > I'll throw in my 2 pennies too--.> > >
  > > > As Bill pointed out, These indicators MUST be used>
  > with other > > indicators.> > > either stochastic
  macd, VFI--all would be valuable> > here to > > determine
  if the> > > trend has changed and if we are oversold (imho
  the> > safest time to > > buy)..> > >
  > > > As an example-- fast stochastic (8,3,3) and MACD>
  > (12/26/9) > > triggered a sell> > > on
  4/28@xxxxxx  the VFI gave a sell on 4/30 at> > 11761.
  while > > neither of> > > these 2 were in high overbot
  territory, they were> > high enough to > > indicate
  a> > > good down move might be in the offing.> > >
  > > > we just can't use 1 indicator to time the> >
  market--it needs to be a > > basket of> > >
  indictors.  Which ones work best today will not> > work best
  > > tomorrow.  it> > > depends on if the market is
  range bound, trending> > one direction or > > the>
  > > other, etc.  DT's new invention in AFL gives us 1> >
  more tool to try > > and beat> > > the other
  guy.> > > > > > Thanks again DT,> >
  >  ron> > > > > >   -----Original
  Message-----> > >   From: Dimitris Tsokakis
  [mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxx]> > >   Sent: Saturday, June 12,
  2004 8:58 AM> > >   To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >   Subject: [amibroker]
  Fib solutions vs the tough> > market decisions> > >
  traders preferred> > the TokyoSE the > > last> >
  > months.> > >   After a prolonged uptrend, the big
  boys [not the> > crowd !!] > > decided to> >
  > apply severe pressure [C]> > >   The index was
  loosing -2% or -3% or -5% without> > any serious > >
  resistance.> > > ---> > > Outgoing mail is certified
  Virus Free.> > > Checked by AVG anti-virus system> >
  (http://www.grisoft.com).> >
  6/7/2004> > > > > > > >