[amibroker] Re: writeif in functions ?

William,

>>> The later boils down to 1 menu selection. <<<

Indeed.  ... I've set-up a menu item.  Next question - is there
anything like old 'AUTOEXEC.BAT' of DOS that will automatically fire
once a *particular* database is loaded ? Sure ... I can do key-
strokes  'Alt - Tools - Custom Import', it's not a big trouble, but
if upon loading a *particular* database, if the custom import fires
automatically, then it's one less thing to do using key-strokes.

What I need is 'database specific invoke'. Therefore, what comes to
mind is setting up a little window for that database and calling
custom import from within the window indicator. Any other suggestion
(s) ?

Regards,
- Salil V Gangal

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, William Peters <williampeters@xxxx>
wrote:

> SVG> However, I was keen on avoiding large replication of data 255
* 2
> SVG> tickers - for each data going back 4+ years.  It will be
in 'MASTER'
> SVG> format, and then in ASCII format,
>
> The Ascii file is temporary (delete it when your finished, via
code),
> the Ascii file is created as an intermediate measure until the data
is
> imported into the main AmiBroker database but I think you know that
> right.
> If data is in daily format the amount of temporary data transfered
> this Ascii file each day is very small indeed.
>
> SVG> Creation of each export files and subsequent import of each
will
> SVG> be time consuming as well.
>
> No it wont, the whole process will take seconds or less (provided
you
> are only interested in the most recent quote/s) The initial transfer
> of ALL quote might take a little longer but not much.
>
> SVG> So got to decide about what will work better for me.  Key-
strokes to
> SVG> import 2 'MASTER' or OLE automation to do 3 loaddatabase, 2
exports
> SVG> and then 1 import.  Hmmm ...
>
> The later boils down to 1 menu selection.
>
> SVG> As I wrote before, wanted to know if there are some
suggestions to