[amibroker] EMA variations

SVG> However, I was keen on avoiding large replication of data 255 * 2
SVG> tickers - for each data going back 4+ years.  It will be in 'MASTER'
SVG> format, and then in ASCII format,

The Ascii file is temporary (delete it when your finished, via code),
the Ascii file is created as an intermediate measure until the data is
imported into the main AmiBroker database but I think you know that
right.
If data is in daily format the amount of temporary data transfered to
this Ascii file each day is very small indeed.

SVG> Creation of each export files and subsequent import of each will
SVG> be time consuming as well.

No it wont, the whole process will take seconds or less (provided you
are only interested in the most recent quote/s) The initial transfer
of ALL quote might take a little longer but not much.

SVG> So got to decide about what will work better for me.  Key-strokes to
SVG> import 2 'MASTER' or OLE automation to do 3 loaddatabase, 2 exports
SVG> and then 1 import.  Hmmm ...

The later boils down to 1 menu selection.

SVG> As I wrote before, wanted to know if there are some suggestions to
SVG> import without first having to convert to ASCII and then importing.
SVG> But if this is one of the reasonable ways, then I'll follow it.  I'll
SVG> delete the intermediate ASCII files after AmiBroker import is over,
SVG> to free-up a part of replicated data.

You could load the quotes into an array and then use the quotations
collection to add the data to the stock but the import method is much
quicker. You could also write a plugin style solution.

I think all your concerns will fall away once you write the script.

Regards,
William Peters
www.amitools.com