RE: [amibroker] LINEAR WEIGHTED MA (WMA)

William,

What you've written is absolutly correct. Once done, it will not be
labor (key-stroke) intensive operation.

However, I was keen on avoiding large replication of data 255 * 2
tickers - for each data going back 4+ years.  It will be in 'MASTER'
format, and then in ASCII format, and then in AmiBroker format.
Wanted to avoid this if possible.  Currently I have 2 'MASTER' files,
it is likely that in future there will be more.  Creation of each
export files and subsequent import of each will be time consuming as
well.

So got to decide about what will work better for me.  Key-strokes to
import 2 'MASTER' or OLE automation to do 3 loaddatabase, 2 exports
and then 1 import.  Hmmm ...

As I wrote before, wanted to know if there are some suggestions to
import without first having to convert to ASCII and then importing.
But if this is one of the reasonable ways, then I'll follow it.  I'll
delete the intermediate ASCII files after AmiBroker import is over,
to free-up a part of replicated data.

Regards,
- Salil V Gangal

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, William Peters <williampeters@xxxx>
wrote:
> Salil,
>
> ALL the steps are carried out VIA SCRIPT using OLE Automation.
> Step 3 is just a line of code, creating an ascii file with quotes
> is coded, everything is coded, nothing labour intensive about
> it once you've written the script.
> Once the code is written the only job you have to do each day is
> execute it, this could be automated.
> Perhaps once you have initially imported all the files only a daily
update
> containing the last quotation/s is necessary, so you use the
quotations
> collection and its methods then save the last quote for each ticker
to ascii.
> From there use the Import method to import into your main database.
>
> As mentioned initially you will need to create a second AmiBroker
> database with a link to the Metastock database using the MS plugin.
>

> Best regards,
> William Peters
> www.amitools.com
>

> Friday, May 21, 2004, 11:51:49 AM, you wrote:
>
> SVG> William,
>
> SVG> I had thought of these linnes and was not too keen on using
this
> SVG> approach.  As wrote before (>>I don't want to first
covert 'MASTER'