[amibroker] Re: yahoo data for ASX data downloader; yahoo

btw, i saw the " ASX downloader script" at http://www.amibroker.
com/newsletter/asx.js (referring page http://www.amibroker.
com/newsletter/02-2001.html) but this example only has one ticker. How
do I use a script like this - run it like a scan? And how could I make
it get EOD data for all ASX stocks from au.finance.yahoo.com?

Even if I use a paid data service, this is still relevant as there are
a few non-ASX stocks & indices I follow, in particular the dow, SPX,
NWS, RIO.L and BLT.L

Thanks
Krop

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Kropotkin" <backup_dayad@xxxx>
wrote:
> I'm confused about getting data from Yahoo - I couldn't get Amiquote
> to give up to date quotations. For Australian stocks, up to date
> charts are at au.finance.yahoo.com, but Amiquote seems to access
> finance.yahoo.com only, which seems almost a day later. Likewise for
> chart of, say, RIO.L, on the London market, it's best to look it up
on
> uk.finance.yahoo.com  to get most up to date figures.
>
> Also, Amiquote only gives less than one year history for Australian
&
> London stocks.
>
> And another bizarre glitch is that it gives the wrong values for WBC
-
> e.g. about 16.56 where the actual stock is 17.00. The chart looks
> exactly right, except it's all shifted down a few percent. Yet the
> charts at finance.yahoo.com don't have this problem.
>
> I understand there's some script based downloaders - are these well
> automated or is there constant fiddling to keep them up to date?
Will
> they solve these problems?
>
> Of course, if using yahoo involves continual hassle, I'd rather know
> now and I'll just buy data from Dial and Chart, as it's not too
> expensive. (I'm assuming that the Dial and Chart downloader is
> compatible with Amibroker & the daily update can happen
automatically