Re: [amibroker] Re: TJ: plotting the same indicator in different charting windows

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:
> If you have a single entry in the IB list then this will be the
same for all
> windows.
Well, I have 4 items on my IB list... I don't know how this matters
though. I get the same effect whether the charts are for the same
instrument or different ones.

You need to create multiple custom charts each with the settings
> you want, or have a method of determining which set of settings you
want
> from one chart.
>
> Eg for stocks in different markets as set up in your workspace
>
> Period = iif(marketid()==0, 20, iif(marketid()==1, 40, 10 ));
> MyLine = EMA( c, period);
> Plot(myline, "", colorblue, styleline)
> Plot(c,"",colorbalck,stylebar);
>
> Ps I do not use any built-in charts, preferring to create my own to
suit me.

> Cheers,
> Graham
> http://e-wire.net.au/~eb_kavan/

Thanks again, but I am not sure if this is what I am talking about.
Suppose I have just one market, YM, and I want to plot it in 3
different windows using 3 different timeframes, say 1, 2 and 3 min.
Now, I want to have different Guppy MA periods for these 3 different
charts. It turns out that I cannot do it because I am getting the
same periods in all these charts. Of course, if I have different
markets, it does not work either. Beats me, I am new to AB, but not
new to this kind of software, and I just don't understand how this is
supposed to work in AB...