color=#0000ff size=2>d

  From: Prashanth
  [mailto:prash454@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 2:19
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  how to? with script, download data from web

  Hi,

  I had a similar problem and TJ gave me this
  script, but there is a small prob which I have given at the end of this
  messge,

  URLGet is not a JScript
  function. You can not type it directly in JScript. It is an external
  program that you have to "run" from JScript via Run method WshShell object,

  as shown in the newsletter, <FONT
  face=Arial size=2>that I pointed to you before: <A
  href="">http://www.amibroker.com/newsletter/02-2001.html

  /* first, create Shell object that
  allows us to run external programs */WshShell = new
  ActiveXObject( "WScript.Shell" );
  /* this handy function takes just
  URL and local file name and calls URLGet program to do the work
  */function Download( URL,
  filename ){

    if( WshShell.Run( "URLGet " + URL + " " +
    filename, 0, true ) == 0 ) return true;
    WScript.echo("Download of " + URL + " failed."
    );
    return false;
  }
  /* Now you can
  use above function to download and store the file */

  Download( "My Http Address/ACC.txt"
  "c:\\mydata\\ACC.txt" );
  But I still have a
  small problem, When I run the script, nothing happens. What can be the
  problem. I can download the file using URLget, but using this Script I wanted
  to update the said file - I do not want to download the whole file again and
  again. All ideas welcome since I badly have to use this
  feature.
  <FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000080
  size=3>Thanks
  <FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000080
  size=3>Prashanth
  <FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000080
  size=3>
  <FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000080
  size=3>

  <BLOCKQUOTE