RE: [amibroker] I have a problem with AB4.54 running the enclosed AA

Greetings Krop,
	please see interspersed comments.

On Fri, 7 May 2004 16:24, Kropotkin wrote:
> Question: If I purchase the live version, can I scan/explore intraday?

Not quite sure what you mean by 'live' version.  I'm running Standard edition
and have run EOD type scans using snapshot data.  Ie. take a 12:00 snapshot,
treat it as if it was EOD, then run whatever exploration takes my fancy.

Then update (2 hours later) with a 2:00pm snapshot and repeat.

> Say for example, during market hours I want to find stocks which today
> have risen above the upper bollinger band. So I want to use the latest
> intraday price instead of today's closing price.
>
> If I can just scan 20 or 50 stocks where the intraday is in memory,
> that's okay. But doing the whole market would be better.

If you can get snapshot data for the whole market, you can do whatever you
want with it.

>  Would this be a solution?: is it possible for Amibroker to download
> snapshot prices for the whole market, at times during the day? (e.g.
> every hour). If so, and if I could then do scans on this snapshot
> data, that would be great.

Amibroker itself doesn't download data.  Look at AmiQuote.

> (If Amibroker supports this kind of scanning, I'll just have to check
> if the data suppliers for the Australian market provide snapshot data)
> .

I'm using Bodhi for my EOD data, downloaded to metastock files.  For intraday
updates, I change the database settings from MS to local, then use amiquote
to get 20min delayed data from yahoo.  (I haven't used this technique
recently, but it *WAS* working for me, so I see no reason why you couldn't do
it.)

Another option would be to change the database settings to quotetracker during
the day and use quoteTracker to get non delayed prices for a limited number
of issues.  (don't forget to change the datbase settings back when you do
your real EOD data update)

> Thanks
> Krop
> Sydney