[amibroker] Re: What's wrong with this formula?

Thanks Randy,

HDD is in DMA mode, no adware on PC, sure - Win XP eats resources,
but actually the thing is: there is more CPU power and RAM available
than used and my harddrive is barely moving, because calculation
happens in Memory Cache.

I can´t imagine it´s my PC´s fault ...

Regards
Robert

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Randy" <rjrj@xxxx> wrote:
> It isn't amibroker, its more than likely you have a performance
restriction somewhere else in your machine.
> You should defrag your hard drive, perhaps purchase a newer high
speed, large cache drive and install it.
> Ensure your hardware is recognized correctly and using DMA instead
of PIO
> Run an optimizing software like VCOM's systemsuite, or check out an
equivalent.
> Close any unnecessary programs, run spybot or adaware to make sure
nothing is lingering that shouldn't.
> Add more ram if needed, being that its background processing its
probably either the ram or hard drive, and both need to be fast/large
enough to support the program & cpu..
> Not sure how pc literate you are, I bet it would probably run
better on win2k...

> Hope this helps..

Service.