RE: [amibroker] barssince question

1) When we run a back test set to Daily periodicity, will the back
tester use EOD or RT data? ...Will a choice be possible at some point?

Excellent question, I had problems with EOD backtesting with Intraday
data mixed in, when I used one database only in the past.

Regards
Jim

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"
<psytek@xxxx> wrote:
> Thank you very much Tomasz, to be able to access both types of data
is just
> great. Your work is much appreciated!!
>
> Perhaps my questions/desires are a bit premature... but could you
explain to
> what extend we can use this. For example:
>
> 1) When we run a back test set to Daily periodicity, will the back
tester
> use EOD or RT data? ...Will a choice be possible at some point?
>
> 2) When using TimeFrames, will using TimeFrameSet(inDaily) use the
EOD db
> and TimeFrameSet(in1Minute) use the RT db? ...Will a DataBaseSet
(EOD) and
> DataBaseSet(RT) be available at some point?
>
> 3) If possible at this stage, how would we code to run the first
part of the
> system in EOD, for example to calculate Timing signals and Scores,
and then
> switch to 1-Minute data to process intraday entries/exits?
>
> TIA,
> herman.

Currently
> this mode is supported
>   by eSignal and Market Cast plugins only.
>
>   The archive comes with updated versions of eSignal (1.7.0) and
MarketCast
> (1.1.0)
>   plugins both featuring support for new mixed EOD/Intraday mode.
>
>   To create database with new mixed mode you have to go to
>   File->New database and create it as usual, but later click
on "Intraday
> Settings" button
>   and make sure that "Allow mixed intraday/EOD" box is checked.
>
>   Best regards,
>   Tomasz Janeczko
>   amibroker.com
>   AmiBroker 4.54.0 Beta Read Me
>   April 28, 2004 20:08
>
>   THIS IS A BETA VERSION OF THE SOFTWARE. EXPECT BUGS !!!
>
>   Backup your data files and entire AmiBroker folder first!
>
>   INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
>
>   IMPORTANT: This archive is update-only. You have to install full
version
> 4.50 first.
>
>   Just run the installer and follow the instructions.
>
>   Then run AmiBroker. You should see "AmiBroker 4.54.0 beta"
written in the
> About box.
>
>   Many thanks to all providing detailed descriptions how to
reproduce given
> bug.
>

>   See CHANGE LOG below for detailed list of changes.
>
>   CHANGE LOG
>
>   CHANGES FOR VERSION 4.54.0 (as compared to 4.53.1)
>
>     a.. "Allow mixed EOD/intraday data" mode added (controllable
from
> File->Database Settings->Intraday, checkbox with the same name) it
allows to
> work with database that has a mixture of intraday and EOD data in
one data
> file. If this is turned on then in intraday modes EOD bars are
removed
> on-the-fly and in daily mode EOD bars are displayed instead of time
> compressed intraday or if there is no EOD bar for corresponding day
then
> intraday bars are compressed as usual.
>     This mode works in conjunction with new versions of plugins
that allow
> mixed data. Mixed mode is now supported by MarketCast plugin (1.1 or
> higher)(Australia) and eSignal plugin (1.7.0 or higher) only.
>
>     Mixed mode allows intraday plus very long daily histories in one
> database.
>
>     Note that this is EXPERIMENTAL feature.
>
>     b.. Real-Time quote window enhanced
>     Now only fields that are changed change the background
to 'yellow' and
> if the value in given field increases then it is displayed in green
if
> decreases then is displayed in red. This allows easy identification
of
> movement.
>
>     c..  all strings in the program moved to resources for easy
localization

>     d..  fixed problem with SetForeign()+FullName() returning
symbol instead
> of full name of foreign security.
>
>     e..  added new AFL function IsContinuous() to check
if "continuous" flag
> is turned on in Symbol->Information window
>
>     f..  OLE properties can be retrieved (DISPATCH_PROPERTYGET)
directly
> from AFL now using parameterless function syntax. This allows
reading values
> exposed by OLE automation directly from AFL code. Example:
>
>     AB = CreateObject("Broker.Application");
>     Stocks = AB.Stocks(); // get collection
>     Stock = Stocks.Item( Name() ); // currently selected
>
>     "FullName : " + Stock.FullName();
>     "Alias : " + Stock.Alias();
>     "Address : " + Stock.Address();
>     "Shares: " + Stock.Issue();
>     "Book value: " + Stock.BookValue();
>     "Market : " + Stock.MarketID();
>     "WebID : " + Stock.WebID();
>
>     You can check if OLE object is valid by calling IsNull()
function,
> example:
>
>     AB = CreateObject("Broker.Application");
>     Stocks = AB.Stocks(); // get collection
>     Stock = Stocks.Item( "INTC" );
>
>     if( IsNull( Stock ) )
>     {
>       printf("COM object invalid (Null) - symbol does not exist\n");
>     }
>     else
>     {
>       printf("COM object valid - you can access its methods\n");
>     }
>
>     g..  IsEmpty/IsNull and IsTrue functions operate with scalars
and OLE
> dispatches without upsizing them to array
>

>   CHANGES FOR VERSION 4.53.1 (as compared to 4.53.0)
>
>     a.. addressed problem with broker.layers file. Now version
4.53.1
> correctly reads broker.layers file saved with older versions
however note
> that old versions are not compatible with new format.
>     b.. layer properties dialog provides more comfortable setting
of layer
> visibility
>     c.. other minor fixes
>
>   CHANGES FOR VERSION 4.53.0 (as compared to 4.52.0)
>
>     a.. per-group intraday settings (filtering/daily compression)
Use
> Symbol->Categories: "GROUP" -> Use own intraday settings, click
>     on "Intraday settings" button to define intraday settings
specific to
> given group.
>
>     b.. intraday settings now allow to specify separate day (RTH)
and night
> [...]
>
>     Example:
>
>     PositionSize = -100 / GetOption("MaxOpenPositions");
>
>     g.. new AFL function: GetRTData( "field" )
>     - retrieves the LAST (the most recent) value of the following
fields
>     reported by streaming real time data source )
>     (Note 1: this function is available ONLY in PROFESSIONAL
edition,
>     calling it using Standard edition will give you NULL values for
all
> fields)
>     (Note 2: works only if data source uses real time data source
(plugin) )
>     (Note 3: availablity of data depends on underlying data source
>     - check the real-time quote window to see if given field is
available )
>     (Note 4: function result represents the current value at the
time of the
> call
>     /formula execution/, and they will be refreshed depending on
chart or
> commentary refresh interval
>     /settable in preferences/. Built-in real time quote window is
refreshed
>     way more often (at least 10 times per second) )
>
>     Supported fields:
>     "Ask" - current best ask price
>     "AskSize " - current ask size
>     "Bid" - current best bid price
>     "BidSize " - current bid size
>     "52WeekHigh" - 52 week high value
>     "52WeekHighDate" - 52 week high date (in datenum format)
>     "52WeekLow" - 52 week low value
>     "52WeekLowDate" - 52 week low date (in datenum format)
>     "Change" - change since yesterdays close
>     "Dividend" - last dividend value
>     "DivYield" - dividend yield
>     "EPS" - earnings per share
>     "High" - current day's high price
>     "Low" - current day's low price
>     "Open" - current day's open price
>     "Last" - last trade price
>     "OpenInt" - current open interest
>     "Prev" - previous day close
>     "TotalVolume" - total today's volume
>     "TradeVolume" - last trade volume
>     "ChangeDate" - datenum (YYYMMDD) of last data change
>     "ChangeTime" - timenum (HHMMSS) of last data change
>     "UpdateDate" - datenum (YYYMMDD) of last data update
>     "UpdateTime" - timenum (HHMMSS) of last data update
>     "Shares" - total number of shares
>
>     Example:
>     "Bid = "+GetRTData("Bid");
>     "Ask = "+GetRTData("Ask");
>     "Last = "+GetRTData("Last");
>     "Vol = "+GetRTData("TradeVolume");
>
>     "EPS = "+GetRTData("EPS");
>     "52week high = "+GetRTData("52weekhigh");
>
>     h.. Custom indicators:
>     Default names and graph values appear in the title
>     when using old-style graph0, graph1, graph2 statements in the
custom
> indicators
>

>   HOW TO REPORT BUGS
>
>   If you experience any problem with this beta version please send
detailed
> description of the problem (especially the steps needed to

Service.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511