RE: [amibroker] Sector and Industry Group Analysis - Jayson

Tomasz,

I have read and reread the definition for TimeFrameSet function and
must be missing something, I would appreciate it if you could further
explain the following;

FUNCTION:
The TimeFrameSet replaces current price/volume arrays: open, high,
low, close, volume, openint, avg with time-compressed bars of
specified interval once you switched to a different time frame all
calculations and built-in indicators operate on selected time frame.
To get back to original interval call TimeFrameRestore() function.

Based on what I read it would mean that if I use TimeFrameSet(180);
at the beginning of my AFL code in IB and my  base time interval in
RT is set at 1 minute that the following code should create a 3
minute chart:

TimeFrameSet(360);
PlotOHLC( 1.1*Open, 1.1* High, 1.1* Low, 1.1* Close, "Price chart
shifted 10% up", colorRed, styleCandle );

This does not create a 3 minute chart, it plots whatever time frame
setting is selected for the page. (if I select a 15 minute time frame
for the page the chart will appear in 15 minute view rather than 3
minute).
Your help is appreciated, thank you for providing what I consider to
be the best charting package in the industry.

David K.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511