RE: [amibroker] Re: VBScript to automate back test and export of tradelist.

Thanks so much Jayson - your reply was very helpful and much
appreciated. Again thanks for taking the time and effort to pass this
information on - this should get me going in the right direction.

Best Regards,

Dean

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
> Dean,
> in help click the AFL icon on the tool bar. Syntax and examples for
writif()
> and writeval() can be found there. Here is a simple example
>
> Plot(c,"price",colorgreen,stylecandle); //plots a simple candle
chart

> since we are plotting close then AFL will by default place the
close value
> in the title line of the chart. By adding a Title expression we
gain far
> more flexibility...
>
> title=" Close "+C+" High "+H;
>
> We can gain a bit more format control using writeval()
>
> title=" Close "+C+" High "+H+ "Average Price "+Writeval
((h+l+c)/3,1.2);
> //where 1.2 offers us 2 decimal places
>
> Writeif allows us to add conditional text....
> Title=" Close "+C+" High "+H+ " Average Price "+WriteVal
((H+L+C)/3,1.2)+
> WriteIf(V>Ref(V,-1)," Increasing Volume", " dwindling Volume");
>
> Using encodecolor you can even chane the color of portions of the
title....

> Title=" Close "+C+" High "+H+ " Average Price "+WriteVal
((H+L+C)/3,1.2)+
> WriteIf(V>Ref(V,-1),EncodeColor(colorBrightGreen)+" Increasing
Volume",
> EncodeColor(colorRed)+" dwindling Volume");
>
> For more examples you should visit the AFL library (from amibroker
web
> page)......
>
> Regards,
>
> Jayson