Re: [amibroker] Re: IQFeed Problem; Open & Low = O for last day

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Brian R." <brian@xxxx> wrote:
> I don't want to go into too much detail but I think one of the key
> points I was trying to make is that since AB does not allow the
> combining of intraday and EOD data into a single unique dtabase,
the
> natural workaround is to have two unique, ***SEPARATE*** databases
> available -- one EOD and one intraday. These are then accessed by
> opening two different instances of AB at the same time.
>
> The IQFeed.DLL plugin does not allow the use of two unique,
SEPARATE
> databases within AB at the same time. This is probably a bug in the
> DLL, and not a bug in AB.

I'd say it's not a bug, but simply the conceptual design of Amibroker.

Amibroker's ability to run more than one instance at a time is already
a powerful feature compared with other charting programs.

It would be an interesting question, whether (and how) the conceptual
design could be improved, in terms of how databases are handled.

> As far as product marketing goes, the development of a bug-free
> IQFeed.DLL should be the collaborative effort of both AB and IQFeed
> developers, together. Both products have to gain by doing this. So
> it is beyond me why such limited support exists for certain, low-
> cost datafeeds. From the AB angle, you would think they would be
hot
> on it and realize this spells **free easy money** when they go out
> of their way to support the cheapest (and still reliable) data
feeds
> for their product.

We have to distinguish here between

(1) missing features, data quality issues etc. of IQFeed

(2) bugs in the IQFeed API or IQFeed client launcher programmed by
DTN, and related things such as implementation, conceptual design
issues or inadequate API documentation.

(3) potential bugs in the IQFeed plugin programmed by TJ

I too would appreciate very much if the "Open & Low = 0" problem of
the IQFeed plugin could be fixed.   As charts based on histories with
daily bars were correctly displayed by the DTN charting application, I
assumed that it could probably a problem out of category 3.   But I
have not yet purchased the IQFeed API yet (will perhaps do if DTN
implements the bad tick filters).