Re: [amibroker] Using import Wizard

I've just recently come across a data problem I cannot solve.  For
the TOPIX index, which pulls data from an MS database via the
plug-in, I am starting to get negative volume values saved in the
local database.  And I cannot seem to undo this.

It is one issue, the TOPIX index.  It is ONLY volume numbers that
have gone negative.  These volume numbers, in the past month, have
reached unprecedented highs.

The volume numbers are correct in the Downloader files, and the DL
shows the correct number (or as correct as it can, given its
numerical limitation that causes periodic rounding).

But AB is somehow transforming the value when it receives it from the
plug-in.  This probably means that the plug-in is somehow getting an
incorrect value from the MS file, but since the MS file displays
correctly in the DL, it's hard to understand the mechanics here.

The first time I ever note this was on March 12 of this year.  It
never happened before that, ever, nor again until the past 3 days,
every day.  Today, with volume down, I have the correct positive
value in AB again (for today, past days remain negative).  The
problem seems to be between 2,200,000,000 and 2,300,000,000.  Above
that, I get negative volume, with a number that does not seem to be
related to the true value in any way I can see.  Below that, I get
the correct reading.

One solution that might work would be to knock off 3 decimals from
the TOPIX volume all the way back to the beginning.  But I really
hate to do this if I don't absolutely have to.

Anyone?

Yuki

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511